Saturday, December 5, 2009

Could playing the trumpet give me premature wrinkles on my face?

I'm a serious trumpet player, and I think it has given me ';laugh lines'; at a young age (I'm almost 18, but people mistake me for 30 at times... it's insulting.)





me: http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/3888/鈥?/a>





could the trumpet have anything to do with that?Could playing the trumpet give me premature wrinkles on my face?
Anything that causes movement will cause wrinkles. I have an acquaintance with a nerve injury that left one side of his face paralyzed, which is smooth and wrinkle free compared to the 'working' side of his face.





Don't quit trumpet - it won't make any noticeable impact, and plus, you are really good! To make a real difference, you'd also have to quit talking, and walk around with an unmoving, expressionless face - a great way to freak out your friends. You probably know the rest of this, but I've noticed this...





1. People who stay out of the sun, or use sunblock, less wrinkles.


2. People who have oily, pimply skin, less wrinkles.


3. People who don't use a lot of makeup, less wrinkles.


4. People who don't use a lot of moisture creams, less wrinkles


(yes, you read that correctly - people who dump the wrinkle cream often find their skin much smoother and healthier.)


5. People who are less skinny, more chubby, less wrinkles.


6. People who eat well, drink water, exercise, etc., less wrinkles.





I think that creams and other stuff somehow ruin your skin's natural ability to oil itself. The exception is once-per-week using a tiny bit of Vaseline, which, is cheap, unglamorous, and the closest thing to the actual oils of your skin.Could playing the trumpet give me premature wrinkles on my face?
The trumpet does not give you laugh lines or Dizzy Gillespie cheeks or lips like Julia Roberts. Gravity is everyones enemy when it comes to aging. You look quite young and beautiful and I think your over-reacting. If you still think it's the trumpet, I would trade it in for a guitar and make that your passion. I have seen one beautiful trumpet player in my life (you) and dozens of really beautiful girl guitar pickers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
rate my teacher